Monday, December 5, 2011

Handmade Holiday 2011

A couple of years ago I decided that once I had my own place and my own life, I wanted my holidays to be as simple as possible. I still feel that way. I want home to be a cozy place filled with things that I've created with my own hands, and the smell of food that I've cooked. I want the holidays to be about enjoying good food and good company, and maybe an exchange of small thoughtful gifts.

I've never been into the noise and stress of conventional holiday preparations. I hope I won't get caught up in all that as I get older. Simple, low-key holidays seem to be where it's at.

As a part of this commitment to simplify my holidays, I've decided to make all of my Christmas gifts this year (I can knit and cook). It's a lot of work, I'm about halfway through my knitting projects and the holiday is less than a month away, but I'm having fun with it. I love being able to design and customize every single gift, making it special for the people on the receiving end.

No comments:

Post a Comment